Clarity Clinic offers assistance, exploring and educating men about their roles in child-raising and commitment. We cover:
● Keeping your child well
● Safety practices with children
● Handling children’s injuries
● Caring for sick children
● Lifestyle changes and support options
Clarity provides trained male advocates available to lead training sessions, offer one-on-one assistance, and answer questions which may arise.
A father’s values and presence are of huge importance in a family, particularly for his growing children. When fathers are involved:
● Children are less likely to be negatively interacting with police and authority figures.
● Children are less prone to live in poverty.
● Healthcare is more likely to be effective for family members
● Father involvement statistically reduces the child’s chances of accidents, injuries or poisoning.
● Child neglect and abuse is more often a problem in a one-parent household.1
● Children in one-parent homes suffer from low self-esteem, academic problems, alcohol and drug abuse, and teen pregnancy more often than those in intact two-parent homes. 2
1. National Fatherhood Initiative, Fathers Handbook © 2005
.2 National Vital Statistics Reports 50, February 12, 2002.